If you have an OV chip card, you already know that you have to check in and out at the start and end of every trip. Still, you may sometimes forget to check out. That is why there is a new website with which you can reclaim your credit in three simple steps: uitcheckgemist.nl. You can reclaim credit in the following situations:
- You forgot to check out.
- You checked in with the wrong operator;
- OV chip card check-in and -out posts on the platform were broken, so you were unable to check out;
- OV chip card check-in and -out posts in the bus were broken, so you were unable to check out.
Here is how the site works:
Step 1: sign up
Go to uitcheckgemist.nl and sign up with your OV chip card number. If you have a personal OV chip card, be sure to also enter your date of birth.
Step 2: fill out
The website lists all trips during which you forgot to check out. If you want to reclaim the credit from a certain trip, enter the starting location and the final destination. Also indicate whether you transferred along the way. The credit will be displayed on screen.
Step 3: pick up
Your reclaimed credit is prepared for you. You can put it back on your OV chip card at any download unit and use it for your next trip.
Which operators participate in this programme?
The following operators are currently part of the uitcheckgemist.nl programme: Arriva, EBS, GVB, HTM, RET, Veolia and Syntus. Any missed check-outs from other operators are listed on the website, but you can only reclaim your credit via that operator's own website. Other operators will join the programme once all systems have been properly coordinated.
Good to know
- You may reclaim credit three times per operator per half calendar year.
- You can also reclaim credit if you checked in with the wrong operator or if the check-in and -out posts on the platform or in the bus were broken.
- You do not need to create an account on the website.
- Nothing will change for the professional sector.